Think for a moment about someone you like being around. What makes them interesting? Interesting people have these traits:
- Weave story into their conversation without slandering individuals
- Get outside of their comfort zone to experience new people, places, food, and more
- Question things based on reading and experience like a scientist versus like a parrot
- Enjoy and pursue conversation about a wide breadth of topics that goes beyond the weather and famous people’s dirty laundry
- Talk about people, situations, and the future in a positive light
Practice being interesting. It’s a great asset.